News|August 29, 2011 12:17 am

Ranbir’s film release postponed

Ranbir Kapoor, the bachna ae haseeno heartthrob, can now breathe a sigh of relief. According to sources, Kapoor was worried that his two films, Rockstar and Barfee were releasing within two months of each other and might eat into each other’s business.

Realising that this could be harmful  to Kapoor’s career, Anurag Basu (director of Barfee) has postponed the release of his film from January to April 2012, even though it will be ready for release by November this year.

According to a source, the two films are very important to Kapoor’s career. He explains, “Ranbir has no film releases in 2011 except Rockstar.

The film is very important to his career because his nearest rival, Imran Khan, who until last year was lagging behind, has taken huge strides this year with Delhi Belly.” When contacted, Basu said, “We’re releasing Barfee after April. That’s because of the IPL and the exams.”

When asked if Rockstar had anything to do with the film’s delay, Basu said evasively, “Rockstar looks good. Even if I had to compromise my schedules I wouldn’t mind it.”

css.php